Old 08-29-2011, 02:46 PM
wwp

Default External vfat devices show uppercase filenames, how to change defaults for GNOME desktop?

Hello,

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:42:04 +0100 Always Learning <centos@u61.u22.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 15:45 +0200, wwp wrote:
>
> > I've recently switched from Fedora 11 to CentOS6. Now my SD cards
> > (automatically mounted on plug) contents is displayed as UPPERCASE
> > filenames.
>
> My current camera has file names on a SD card like:-
>
> IMG_6988.JPG
>
> so I used a simple bash programme to change the prefix and make JPG
> lowercase. the output is
>
> e6988.jpg
>
> Then I use another bash script to copy the contents of a HDD directory
> to another directory, reducing the size to 700 pixels wide for my
> cataloguing program. That program lets me optionally impose the date and
> time, various texts and logos on a standard 900 pixels wide
> copy for use elsewhere.
>
> With Centos it seems the possibilities are endless :-)

I well understand your point. I'm used to shell scripting, and I use it
all day long, but my point was not how to import-n-rename files, but
how to get mounted vfat fs to use lowercase. Thanks anyway!

wwp