Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Always Learning

Default External vfat devices show uppercase filenames, how to change defaults for GNOME desktop?

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 15:45 +0200, wwp wrote:

> I've recently switched from Fedora 11 to CentOS6. Now my SD cards
> (automatically mounted on plug) contents is displayed as UPPERCASE
> filenames.

My current camera has file names on a SD card like:-

IMG_6988.JPG

so I used a simple bash programme to change the prefix and make JPG
lowercase. the output is

e6988.jpg

Then I use another bash script to copy the contents of a HDD directory
to another directory, reducing the size to 700 pixels wide for my
cataloguing program. That program lets me optionally impose the date and
time, various texts and logos on a standard 900 pixels wide
copy for use elsewhere.

With Centos it seems the possibilities are endless :-)

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,