Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
John Doe

Default External vfat devices show uppercase filenames, how to change defaults for GNOME desktop?

From: wwp <subscript@free.fr>

> I've recently switched from Fedora 11 to CentOS6. Now my SD cards
> (automatically mounted on plug) contents is displayed as UPPERCASE
> filenames.
> I well see in mount's man that vfat's shortname option can be set to
> either lower, win95, winnt, mixed. OK, that's for entries in /etc/fstab
> or when mounting manually.
> I'd like to change the defaults for devices that automatically mount in
> GNOME.. is this possible?
> In gconf-editor, I don't see a storage/ subdir in system/..
> Any hint?

Still under 5.x but maybe try gconf-tool2...
$ gconftool-2 -g /system/storage/default_options/vfat/mount_options
$ gconftool-2 -s /system/storage/default_options/vfat/mount_options --list-type=string -t list [shortname=lower,uid=,utf8]

JD