Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Anne Wilson

Default If you are using CentOS 6 and KDE....

The desktop will look strange and behave differently. If you need any help in
getting used to it, either join the kde user list,
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde , the kde forum,
http://forum.kde.org/ , or mail me personally.

Once again I will turn off receipt from this list. The attitude of several
posters is unacceptable to me.

Anne

Old 08-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 08/28/2011 10:28 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> The desktop will look strange and behave differently. If you need any help in
> getting used to it, either join the kde user list,
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde , the kde forum,
> http://forum.kde.org/ , or mail me personally.

you forgot to mention what the issues really are ?

> Once again I will turn off receipt from this list. The attitude of several
> posters is unacceptable to me.

is it not easier to just turn off emails from them getting to you via
mail filters ?

- KB

Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Emmett Culley

I am sure Anne is referring to the fact that CentOS 6 has KDE 4, which has a distinctly different "desktop" paradigm from KDE 3 in CentOS 5. If you are used to only CentOS 5, and haven't been running any other distributions with KDE 4, it might come as a shock.

Emmett

Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 AM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 19:48 -0700, Emmett Culley wrote:

> I am sure Anne is referring to the fact that CentOS 6 has KDE 4, which has a distinctly different "desktop" paradigm from KDE 3 in CentOS 5. If you are used to only CentOS 5, and haven't been running any other distributions with KDE 4, it might come as a shock.

I've heard Gnome in C6 is different from C5. Its upset some.

Paul.