Old 08-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default ImageMagick : Centos GUI ?

On 08/27/2011 03:22 AM, Always Learning wrote:

> I accidentally discovered 'convert'. It is a command line utility.
> Changing a file from png to gif works like this

This is a mailing list, a conversational forum. not a blog or a
documentaion forum. If you want to contribute such stuff productively,
do so in the wiki, where it would be appreciated and actually worthwhile.

- KB

Old 08-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Always Learning

On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 13:33 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> This is a mailing list, a conversational forum. not a blog or a
> documentaion forum. If you want to contribute such stuff productively,
> do so in the wiki, where it would be appreciated and actually worthwhile.

Good idea. Thank you.

Any news of those tee-shirts please ?

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 08/28/2011 01:37 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Any news of those tee-shirts please ?

Yes! will post details. Its taken be a bit of time to get costs for
shipping worked out for all the various parts of the world.

- KB

Old 08-29-2011, 11:53 AM
hadi motamedi

On 8/28/11, Always Learning <centos@u61.u22.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 13:33 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> This is a mailing list, a conversational forum. not a blog or a
>> documentaion forum. If you want to contribute such stuff productively,
>> do so in the wiki, where it would be appreciated and actually worthwhile.
>
> Good idea. Thank you.
>
> Any news of those tee-shirts please ?
>

> --
> With best regards,
>
> Paul.
> England,
> EU.

I upgraded from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 to have all of the new
featues on GIMP at hand. I selected Desktop when installing. But I
don't see it under Applications -> Graphics as I had it under my
previous centos 5.6 . Can you please let me know why?

Old 08-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 16:23 +0430, hadi motamedi wrote:

> I upgraded from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 to have all of the new
> featues on GIMP at hand. I selected Desktop when installing. But I
> don't see it under Applications -> Graphics as I had it under my
> previous centos 5.6 . Can you please let me know why?

I'm still on Centos 5.6.

What happens when you type-in:-

yum install gimp

Paul.

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Jim Perrin

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:53 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:

I upgraded from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 to have all of the new

featues on GIMP at hand. I selected Desktop when installing. But I

don't see it under Applications -> Graphics as I had it under my

previous centos 5.6 . Can you please let me know why?

Because you didn't install it. Please at least attempt to check these things out before you run crying to the list....

George Orwell

Old 08-29-2011, 04:45 PM
hadi motamedi

Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Always Learning

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 09:45 -0700, hadi motamedi wrote:

> On 8/29/11, Always Learning <centos@u61.u22.net> wrote:

> > What happens when you type-in:-
> >
> > yum install gimp

> Sorry. I asked and it seems that the GIMP new features just come with centos 6 .

Have you got GIMP in your Centos 6 ?

Paul.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
hadi motamedi

On 8/29/11, Jim Perrin <jperrin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:53 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I upgraded from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 to have all of the new
>> featues on GIMP at hand. I selected Desktop when installing. But I
>> don't see it under Applications -> Graphics as I had it under my
>> previous centos 5.6 . Can you please let me know why?
>>

> Because you didn't install it. Please at least attempt to check these things
> out before you run crying to the list....
>
> --
> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
> act.
> George Orwell

Sorry . You mean installing its rpm packages from the centos 6 install
cd via 'rpm -Uvh *' ?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Les Mikesell

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:49 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I upgraded from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 to have all of the new
>>> featues on GIMP at hand. I selected Desktop when installing. But I
>>> don't see it under Applications -> Graphics as I had it under my
>>> previous centos 5.6 . Can you please let me know why?
>>>

>> Because you didn't install it. Please at least attempt to check these things
>> out before you run crying to the list....
>>

> Sorry . You mean installing its rpm packages from the centos 6 install
> cd via 'rpm -Uvh *' ?

You almost always want yum to resolve package dependencies for you
instead of executing rpm directly for installs or updates. Rpm will
tell you about the dependencies but not do anything else helpful like
finding and installing the needed libraries.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com