Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Tom H

Default what happened to rpmforge?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:09 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
> Lucian wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM, *<m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
>>> When did they change/lose their name?
>>>
>>> I was trying to go there here at work, and the site was blocked. I put
>>> in
>>> a ticket, and get a response that I may have been looking for repoforge,
>>> and rpmforge is for raw food diets....
>>
>> They just "rebranded", so same game, different name.
>> Check http://repoforge.org/
>
> Looked over there. Any idea why they "rebranded"?

Total WAG: to offer deb file downloads?!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Craig White

On Aug 25, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Tom H wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:09 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Lucian wrote:

>>> They just "rebranded", so same game, different name.
>>> Check http://repoforge.org/
>>
>> Looked over there. Any idea why they "rebranded"?
>
> Total WAG: to offer deb file downloads?!
----
some of us have moved to ubuntu/deb but I think the real reason is...

http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2010-November/018282.html

Craig

Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 PM
John R Pierce

On 08/25/11 2:58 PM, Craig White wrote:
> some of us have moved to ubuntu/deb but I think the real reason is...
>
> http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2010-November/018282.html

I saw that when I was perusing the mail list archives, but there's no
mention of the repoforge name change there. elrepo continues as such.

there's also no mention of debian or .deb file support anywhere on the
site or mail lists.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 08-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Tom H

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:04 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 08/25/11 2:58 PM, Craig White wrote:
>> some of us have moved to ubuntu/deb but I think the real reason is...
>>
>> http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2010-November/018282.html
>
> I saw that when I was perusing the mail list archives, but there's no
> mention of the repoforge name change there. *elrepo continues as such.
>
> there's also no mention of debian or .deb file support anywhere on the
> site or mail lists.

It was a WAG!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
R P Herrold

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, Tom H wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:09 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

>> Looked over there. Any idea why they "rebranded"?
>
> Total WAG: to offer deb file downloads?!

later by Tom H, not willing to accept that his remarks were
out of scope:

> It was a WAG!

no -- it was off topic noise, not a WAG

-- speculation and randon attempts at entertainment do not
belong or matter here, any more than Roth's failure to google
and read the back archives of the proper mailing lists did

If you need to, try out out at a commedy club to demonstrate
you are the world's next 'Jerry Seinfeld'. Mind you, dodge
the rotten fruit

This list just is not for off topic IRC style chatter and
banter. The traffic load is killing enough already wthout it

-- Russ herrold

Old 08-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Always Learning

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 18:39 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:

> no -- it was off topic noise, not a WAG
>
> -- speculation and randon attempts at entertainment do not
> belong or matter here, any more than Roth's failure to google
> and read the back archives of the proper mailing lists did
>
> If you need to, try out out at a commedy club to demonstrate
> you are the world's next 'Jerry Seinfeld'. Mind you, dodge
> the rotten fruit
>
> This list just is not for off topic IRC style chatter and
> banter. The traffic load is killing enough already wthout it

Even hard-working and very dedicated Centos people can occasionally
relax and have a joke among friends. Remember we are all part of the
same Centos team :-)

Best wishes,

Paul.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Tom H

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:39 PM, R P Herrold <herrold@owlriver.com> wrote:

> no -- it was off topic noise, not a WAG
>
> -- speculation and randon attempts at entertainment do not
> belong or matter here, any more than Roth's failure to google
> and read the back archives of the proper mailing lists did
>
> If you need to, try out out at a commedy club to demonstrate
> you are the world's next 'Jerry Seinfeld'. *Mind you, dodge
> the rotten fruit
>
> This list just is not for off topic IRC style chatter and
> banter. *The traffic load is killing enough already wthout it

Take a chill pill!

(Isn't asking about rpmforge's change of name also OT?)

Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM
KevinO

On 08/25/2011 04:23 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Even hard-working and very dedicated Centos people can occasionally
> relax and have a joke among friends. Remember we are all part of the
> same Centos team :-)

Paul,

With all due respect, I count over 50 messages from you to this list in the last
week, the vast majority of which weren't even intended to contribute useful
information relating to CentOS.

While you're 'always learning', perhaps you should work on learning to be more quiet.

TIA
--
KevinO

Old 08-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Always Learning

On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 09:22 -0700, KevinO wrote:

> While you're 'always learning', perhaps you should work on learning to
> be more quiet.

I was trying to be quiet. Perhaps you omitting me from your postings
will help.

Paul.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 PM
"John R. Dennison"

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 05:26:14PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:

> I was trying to be quiet. Perhaps you omitting me from your postings
> will help.

You've never once tried to be quiet - you're like an annoying dog that
never stops barking. You've got run-on of the fingers and seem to think
that your input is a must-have in nearly every thread that passes
through this list. You preach opinion as if it was the holy word of
$deity and the amount of bad advice that I've seen from you is simply
astounding. And the fact is that many of your posts are better suited
for a general linux list than a distro-specific list.

By you own admission you're not overly experienced with linux so perhaps
it would be in not only your best interests but those of the readers of
this list as well for you to lurk more until you learn more. Just a
thought.

John
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest
of us would have to settle for something else.

-- Lido Anthony (Lee) Iacocca (15 October 1924-), American industrialist,
former Chrysler CEO