Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Default perl-Sys-Filesystem on 6.0

I'm trying to install a number of perl modules, and yum gives up with
perl-Sys-Filesystem, because it has a dependency of
perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8)

I've tried seeing what provides it, and yum says nothing. I also see,
googling, that there was a problem thread on this list in '08 with the
same dependency. Anyone have a clue, or workaround?

mark

Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
John Doe

From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>

> I'm trying to install a number of perl modules, and yum gives up with
> perl-Sys-Filesystem, because it has a dependency of
> perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8)

Not sure where you get your perl-Sys-Filesystem from but it
works for me:

Dependencies Resolved

================================================== ==============================
*Package***************** Arch******* Version************** Repository**** Size
================================================== ==============================
Installing:
*perl-Sys-Filesystem***** noarch***** 1.30-1.el6.rf******** rpmforge****** 57 k
Installing for dependencies:
*perl-Params-Util******** x86_64***** 1.00-3.el6*********** base********** 36 k

Transaction Summary
================================================== ==============================
Install****** 2 Package(s)
Upgrade****** 0 Package(s)

# rpm -qR perl-Sys-Filesystem
perl(Carp)*
perl(FindBin)*
perl(IO)*
perl(Module::Pluggable) >= 3.9
perl(Params::Util) >= 1.00
perl >= 5.008
rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1

JD