Old 08-25-2011, 06:41 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default Centos 6: howto install and run KDE

On my laptop, I have not been able to get KDE to run; I
always get gnome. I installed selecting KDE, and I tried
yum groupinstall, which appeared to work, but I still get
gnome running. BTW, I boot to level 3, and run startx.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Mike.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 PM

Michael D. Berger wrote:
> On my laptop, I have not been able to get KDE to run; I
> always get gnome. I installed selecting KDE, and I tried
> yum groupinstall, which appeared to work, but I still get
> gnome running. BTW, I boot to level 3, and run startx.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.

KDE has an easy option to change window managers. Gnome is doing their
best to prevent you from doing so.

yum -y remove gnome* gdm*

mark