Old 08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default level 3 font size

On my laptop, I boot CentOS 6 to level 3and find the font is quite
small. Is there a way to change the font size at level 3?

Thanks,
Mike.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 AM
James Szinger

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:22:08 +0000 (UTC)
"Michael D. Berger" <m_d_berger_1900@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On my laptop, I boot CentOS 6 to level 3and find the font is quite
> small. Is there a way to change the font size at level 3?

That sounds like the result of the new kernel mode setting feature.
Try adding the nomodeset parameter to the kernel commoand line from
grub. I think that will restore the traditional text console. I don't
know if X11 will still work, though, depending on the driver.

Also, /bin/setfont can change the console font to something bigger, but
I didn't find it very reliable when I tried it under Fedora 12/13.
Maybe CentOS 6.0 or 6.1 has it improved it. Personally, I just boot to
X and run a bunch of terminal windows.

Jim