Old 08-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Anne Wilson

Default Missing UIDs

From time to time I'm seeing this message:

I couldn't find the numerical IDs of these users:
abrt
nslcd
pulse
rtkit
saslauth
tcpdump
usbmuxd

In most cases this is caused by inconsistencies in the user or group database,
e.g. between the files /etc/passwd, /etc/group and their respective shadow files
/etc/shadow and /etc/gshadow. I will try to ignore these entries and continue
for now, but please fix these inconsistencies as soon as possible.it
</quote>

My first thought was to use system-config-user and create users with IDs
matching their group IDs. However, doing it that way requires passwords to be
set. How should I correct this?

Anne