Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 AM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Default System crashing suddenly.

Dear List,
I have been getting system crash, syslog is reporting the following in stdout...please advise.
*
Message from syslogd@saturn at Aug 21 03:38:08 ...
*kernel: Northbridge Error, node 0
*
Message from syslogd@saturn at Aug 21 03:38:08 ...
*kernel:ECC/ChipKill ECC error.
*
Message from syslogd@saturn at Aug 21 15:23:47 ...
*kernel: Northbridge Error, node 0
*
Message from syslogd@saturn at Aug 21 15:23:47 ...
*kernel:ECC/ChipKill ECC error.

CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org

Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Peter Kjellström

On Monday, August 22, 2011 01:36:11 PM Lisandro Grullon wrote:
> Dear List,
> I have been getting system crash, syslog is reporting the following in
> stdout...please advise.

Sure, please don't use "reply" when starting a new thread.

> Message from syslogd@saturn at Aug 21 03:38:08 ...
> kernel: Northbridge Error, node 0

As for this, most likely one or several bad DIMMs (or possibly bad MB).

/Peter

Old 08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
"Lisandro Grullon"

Thank you peter for the input...I don't think its the motherboard as I have 5 of these boxes and they all experiencing the same problem (running the latest bios). I tried switching the RAM around and did manual timing at 667 in the BIOS, hope this fixes the problem. Kingston won't be too happy if I tell them that there memory is not working in my systems specially when we talking about 512GB of memory. Let's see what happens, I will report back as I monitor this situation.