Old 08-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Alain Péan

Default Does anyone know if I can reconfigure a PERC H700 without rebooting?

Le 22/08/2011 12:27, Fajar Priyanto a écrit :
> How did you add the spare drives in the first place? Need a reboot
> that time?

I assume that the hard drives are hot pluggable, but the point is to add
them to the Perc Raid volume group. I doubt it is possible without a
reboot, but you it should be asked to Linux-PowerEdge mailing list...

Alain

Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Blake Hudson

*

*

wrote:

>> Hi all,

>> I have a server which is really difficult to restart because

>> of usage requirements

>> and the fact that it's in a co-lo rack so miles away. I've added a

>> couple of drives which

>> I'd like to bring up and add to LVM but the config I know is in the

>> PERC BIOS and

>> requires a reboot.

>> Can the config be changed in the openmanage suite and if so can someone

>> point me in the right direction?

> Short answer: yes

> Go look at "omsetup storage ..."

> /Peter

Or use the LSI MegaCLI tool...

*

http://www.lsi.com/support/products/Pages/MegaRAID%20SAS%209260-8i.aspx

http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/MegaRAID%20Common%20Files/8.01.06_Linux_MegaCLI.zip

*

This howto guide was written in the PERC5 era, but the commands still hold true for the
current versions of the MegaCLI tool.

http://tools.rapidsoft.de/perc/perc-cheat-sheet.html

Old 08-22-2011, 04:32 PM

Kevin Thorpe wrote:

> I have a server which is really difficult to restart because
> of usage requirements and the fact that it's in a co-lo
> rack so miles away. I've added a couple of drives which
> I'd like to bring up and add to LVM but the config I know is in the
> PERC BIOS and requires a reboot.
>
> Can the config be changed in the openmanage suite and if so can someone
> point me in the right direction?

Yes. d/l the LSI MegaRAID software, and you can do pretty much the same
stuff that you can do if you go into the firmware on system boot.

mark