-   -   Does anyone know if I can reconfigure a PERC H700 without rebooting? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/566834-does-anyone-know-if-i-can-reconfigure-perc-h700-without-rebooting.html)

Kevin Thorpe 08-22-2011 10:10 AM

Does anyone know if I can reconfigure a PERC H700 without rebooting?

Hi all,
I have a server which is really difficult to restart because
of usage requirements
and the fact that it's in a co-lo rack so miles away. I've added a
couple of drives which
I'd like to bring up and add to LVM but the config I know is in the
PERC BIOS and
requires a reboot.

Can the config be changed in the openmanage suite and if so can someone point me
in the right direction?

thanks