Old 08-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Mike

Default help with gpg

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Jerry Geis wrote:

>>> / From the man page:
>> /
>> "...Note that this passphrase is only used if the option --batch has also been given."
> Mike,
>
> Thanks - that does work. I was thinking "too hard" and thought it was
> something
> with the gpg-agent.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry

I'm certainly no gpg expert but I had a similar issue that was *finally*
solved by using --batch.

I also meant to mention from what I can tell in CentOS6 gpg is really
gpg2. Notice that "/usr/bin/gpg" is really "/usr/bin/gpg -> gpg2". I
mention this because in various places as I searched I noticed phrases
like "This is different from gpg". What? Now I understand, I'm now using
gpg2 and never knew it...