Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   .XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/566705-xxx-domain-name-trade-mark-protection.html)

Always Learning 08-21-2011 09:11 PM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
A new .xxx domain suffix for sexual content is becoming available.

If you have a cherished Trade Mark or brand name and do not want relish
having your_domain_name.xxx being available to Cyber Squatters or the
'porn trade' you can block the issuing of that .xxx domain name for a
single payment of USD $200 - $300. The blocking application period is
from 7 September 2011 until 28 October 2011. The details of where to
apply were not disclosed.

.xxx will cost about USD $75 yearly.


Source: Law Now mailing list
CMS Cameron McKenna, London, England
19 August 2011.



--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Alexander Dalloz 08-21-2011 09:15 PM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
Am 21.08.2011 23:11, schrieb Always Learning:
>
> A new .xxx domain suffix for sexual content is becoming available.

Keep that elsewhere! Do not spam this list with non CentOS topics. Thanks.

Alexander

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Always Learning 08-21-2011 09:17 PM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 23:15 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Keep that elsewhere! Do not spam this list with non CentOS topics. Thanks.

Some on here may will to protect their domain names.

www.centos.xxx

for example !!!!


Best wishes,

Paul.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

"John R. Dennison" 08-21-2011 09:30 PM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:11:24PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
>
> A new .xxx domain suffix for sexual content is becoming available.

This has been available for a long time.

The important question is why in the world would you spam this list
with yet more off-topic garbage? The signal to noise ratio has gone to
the dogs over the past 9 months and what used to be a good and viable
source for technical information is now a morass of noise more often
than not - please don't add to it.





John
--
There is nothing more agreeable in life than to make peace with the
Establishment -- and nothing more corrupting.

-- Alan John Percivale (AJP) Taylor (1906-1990), British historian of
the 20th Century, "William Cobbett", New Statesman (London, 1953)
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn 08-21-2011 10:48 PM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
On 08/21/2011 11:30 PM, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:11:24PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
>>
>> A new .xxx domain suffix for sexual content is becoming available.
>
> This has been available for a long time.
>
> The important question is why in the world would you spam this list
> with yet more off-topic garbage? The signal to noise ratio has gone to
> the dogs over the past 9 months and what used to be a good and viable
> source for technical information is now a morass of noise more often
> than not - please don't add to it.

More importantly the address he posted is a law firm and as such cannot
really make any sort of guarantees. At best this is false advertising and
at worst it's an outright scam.

Regards,
Dennis
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Always Learning 08-21-2011 10:59 PM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 00:48 +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> More importantly the address he posted is a law firm and as such
> cannot really make any sort of guarantees. At best this is false
> advertising and at worst it's an outright scam.

I have subscribed to several English law mailing lists for several years
to gain an insight in law changes and case law decisions. Case law in
English legal terms means court interpretations and hence decisions
which effectively modify the law (in England that is statues and
statutory instruments also known as primary and secondary legislation).

I saw this item and thought it might possibly interest readers because
of its international scope and computer connection. Because the law firm
holds the copyright on reproduction I summarised the content and cited
the source, as is common in legal matters.

Please note I omitted the contact details for the firm.

Please also note I have no commercial interests in the firm.

Please additionally note I thought, mistakenly it appears, I was being
helpful and have taken notice of the objections.


Paul.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Spiro Harvey 08-22-2011 02:54 AM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
> Please additionally note I thought, mistakenly it appears, I was being
> helpful and have taken notice of the objections.

Please note, this is a mailing list for people to get help with CentOS.
Nothing else.

Most people here are old enough to figure out how to get their own news.

--
Spiro Harvey Knossos Networks Ltd
(04) 460-2531 : (021) 295-1923 www.knossos.net.nz
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Always Learning 08-22-2011 03:01 AM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 14:54 +1200, Spiro Harvey wrote:

> > Please additionally note I thought, mistakenly it appears, I was being
> > helpful and have taken notice of the objections.

> Please note, this is a mailing list for people to get help with CentOS.
> Nothing else.

I reiterate for your personal convenience "Please additionally note I
thought, mistakenly it appears, I was being helpful and have taken
notice of the objections."

> Most people here are old enough to figure out how to get their own news.

Some are wise enough not to prolong a now boring thread.

Have a nice day.

Paul.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

"John R. Dennison" 08-22-2011 03:05 AM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 04:01:23AM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
>
> Some are wise enough not to prolong a now boring thread.

And even more are mature enough not to have to get defensive and try to
get the last word in on every thread they are part of. In my opinion you
could learn something from such people.




John
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit
communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about
solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy.

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Always Learning 08-22-2011 03:09 AM

.XXX Domain Name / Trade Mark Protection
 
On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 22:05 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:

> And even more are mature enough not to have to get defensive and try to
> get the last word in on every thread they are part of. In my opinion you
> could learn something from such people.

I was merely replying to the gentleman's concern.

Some words pop into my mind and this is my last posting on this
increasingly tedious thread ....... I hope others will desist.

"Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to
give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct,
cut-through-the-bullshit communications style that is natural to people
who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel
warm and fuzzy."


Paul.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.