-   -   help with gpg (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/566682-help-gpg.html)

Jerry Geis 08-21-2011 07:49 PM

help with gpg

Under Centos 5 I ran this command:
gpg --passphrase-file /home/myuser/pass_phrase.txt -c
../Versions/program.x86_64.tgz

and this worked fine.

On CentOS 6 running the same command prompts me for the passphrase.

Thats exactly what I dont want to have happen. I have the pass phrase I
want in the file.

After some searching it says I need to start the daemon like "gpg-agent
--daemon"
take the output:
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-x4WH7K/S.gpg-agent:19156:1; export GPG_AGENT_INFO;
and use it - which I did.

Then when I run my command above I still get prompted for the pass phrase.

What am I not doing correct?

I just want a simple phrase on a file that someone has to know before they
can extract it. Nothing special going on....

Thanks,

Jerry

Mike 08-21-2011 07:57 PM

help with gpg

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Jerry Geis wrote:

> Under Centos 5 I ran this command:
> gpg --passphrase-file /home/myuser/pass_phrase.txt -c
> ../Versions/program.x86_64.tgz
>
> and this worked fine.
>
> On CentOS 6 running the same command prompts me for the passphrase.
>
> Thats exactly what I dont want to have happen. I have the pass phrase I
> want in the file.
>
> After some searching it says I need to start the daemon like "gpg-agent
> --daemon"
> take the output:
> GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-x4WH7K/S.gpg-agent:19156:1; export GPG_AGENT_INFO;
> and use it - which I did.
>
> Then when I run my command above I still get prompted for the pass phrase.
>
> What am I not doing correct?
>
> I just want a simple phrase on a file that someone has to know before they
> can extract it. Nothing special going on....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry
>

>From the man page:

"...Note that this passphrase is only used if the option --batch has also been given."

Jerry Geis 08-21-2011 08:03 PM

help with gpg

> >/ From the man page:
> /
> "...Note that this passphrase is only used if the option --batch has also been given."
Mike,

Thanks - that does work. I was thinking "too hard" and thought it was
something
with the gpg-agent.

Thanks

Jerry