Old 08-21-2011, 07:23 PM
david

Default Centos6 - Logwatch not mailing on 64bit

Folks

Logwatch is doing its thing properly on my 32-bit servers, delivering
the report by mail to my root account once a day sometime around 3:30am.

On the 64-bit systems, no mail is occurring. From the "cron" log on
a 64-bit system, there are lines like:

cron-20110821:Aug 21 03:36:23 XXX run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[9727]:
finished 0logwatch
(where "XXX" stands for the server name)

but no report is sent.

If I run logtwatch manually, by simply typing
logwatch
as root, I get the mail.

Is this a known issue? Is there some information I could supply that
would help identify the reason?
To the best of my knowledge, I made no changes to the logwatch configuration.

Thanks

David Kurn

Old 08-21-2011, 07:32 PM
RILINDO FOSTER

Well, can we verify whether the sent mail generated in the /var/log/mail.log? Also, (assuming that you are running Postfix), I assume that the configuration are identical on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems, right?