Old 08-19-2011, 04:31 PM
"John J. Boyer"

Default Problem booting in CentOS 5.6

The last update for CentOS 5.6 included a new kernel. Now when I boot
there is a message on the console saying "mounting cifs: Password". If
someone presses enter it continues to boot. This is very inconvenient,
since I access my machine by ssh. Is there some way to get it to boot
without pausing?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA

Old 08-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Josh Miller

On 08/19/2011 09:31 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
> The last update for CentOS 5.6 included a new kernel. Now when I boot
> there is a message on the console saying "mounting cifs: Password". If
> someone presses enter it continues to boot. This is very inconvenient,
> since I access my machine by ssh. Is there some way to get it to boot
> without pausing?

It sounds like you have an /etc/fstab entry to mount a cifs share
without a credential file to give permissions.

Is this correct? If so, you will need to resolve that issue.

--
Josh Miller
Open Source Solutions Architect