Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Patrick Lists

Default which firewall to automatically block bandwidth abusers?

On 08/18/2011 12:06 PM, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 11:36 +0200, Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3n5yn8u
>
> It gives me:-
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=traffic+accounting
>
> which displays a Google search box and an advertisement with nothing
> about Traffic or about Accounting.

Lmgtfy means "let me google that for you". Posting such an url is a
pretty standard response to people who ask for help without first making
an effort to find some answers (by googling, etc.). The hint is: do your
homework first and don't expect spoonfeeding.

Regards,
Patrick

Old 08-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Always Learning

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 21:33 +0200, Patrick Lists wrote:

> And yes I did look at your requirements but don't have the answer for
> you. Maybe a combination of iptables and tc perhaps with connection
> tracking thrown in?

IP tables would be a good place to link-in; perhaps route requests to a
specific port or internal IP address and then examine the traffic before
routing it to the correct destination.

--
With best regards,

Paul.