Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Helmut Drodofsky

Default CentOS 6 and IPv6 neighbor proxy

To route a subnet in ipv6 there are two possibilities:
-********* add route commands for the subnet in each computer
-********* or use neighbor proxy in the router server
I prefer neighbor proxy.
*
So I have to activate neighbor proxy in the router:
sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.proxy_ndp=1
*
and I have to add entries for each client in the subnet like
ip -6 neigh add proxy 2001:0:0:1:211:d8ff:fe97:3273 dev eth0
*
This works well but is lost on reboot.
*
For the sysctl command there is /etc/sysctl.conf for permanent configuration.
*
If I create a file route-eth0 in the directory /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ with the above ip neighbor command, the interface eth0 is immediately down.
*
Restart of network brings:
Bringing up interface eth0:* Error: Unknown connection: 5fb06bd0-0bb0-7ffb-45f1-d6edd65f3e03.
************************************************** ******** [FAILED]
All Interfaces are NetworkManager controlled.
*
Ask for help:
-********* where can I store the command for a permanent configuration?

Old 08-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Steve Clark

[...]

-********* Shall I not further use NetworkManager?

*

Thank you for help in
advance

*

Helmut

I would never use NetworkManager on a server.* It has never caused
me anything but problems.

My $.02

--

Stephen*Clark