Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default Change bash colours like in VIM

In VIM one can easily change colours with ":set backgorund=dark". This
doesn't actually change the background, but rather uses a colour
scheme that is designed for a dark background. Is there any quick
command like this for bash? I don't want to edit the whole config file
if there is a quick way to get a better colour scheme.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Marc Deop i Argemí

On 17/08/2011 23:51, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In VIM one can easily change colours with ":set backgorund=dark". This
> doesn't actually change the background, but rather uses a colour
> scheme that is designed for a dark background. Is there any quick
> command like this for bash? I don't want to edit the whole config file
> if there is a quick way to get a better colour scheme.
>
> Thanks.

No, there is not such option in bash.

There are some terminal applications that allow to change the
colourscheme though (like konsole)

Regards

Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Keith Roberts

In VIM one can easily change colours with ":set backgorund=dark". This
doesn't actually change the background, but rather uses a colour
scheme that is designed for a dark background. Is there any quick
command like this for bash? I don't want to edit the whole config file
if there is a quick way to get a better colour scheme.

Thanks.

No, there is not such option in bash.

There are some terminal applications that allow to change the
colourscheme though (like konsole)

In a konsole terminal window look under Settings->Schema for
some preset colour schemes. Also take a look under
Settings->Configure Konsole->Schema for more advanced
options

Personally I like white text on a black background.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

TMDA [http://tmda.net]

Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Marc Deop i Argemí

[...]

The best colourscheme for the eyes is a dark background with an even
darker text color.

And the worst would be dark background with light color for the text
(although many "geeks" use that combination...)

Regards

Old 08-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Keith Roberts