Old 08-11-2011, 09:16 PM
ken

Default change LUKS filesystem password

How do you change the LUKS filesystem password?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Paul Heinlein

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, ken wrote:

> How do you change the LUKS filesystem password?

[Caveat: this is sort of from memory; I don't have a luks-encrypted
device handy for testing...]

First, add a second key (password):

cryptsetup luksAddKey /dev/XXX

Then delete the original key

cryptsetup luksKillSlot /dev/XXX 0

You need to be careful to get the slot numbers correct. Use the
luksDump option to see how things are setup on your system.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Nguyen Vu Hung

Ng*y 04:16 12/08/2011, ken viết:
> How do you change the LUKS filesystem password?
Please take a look at our wiki
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/EncryptedFilesystem

Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Always Learning

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 14:35 -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, ken wrote:
>
> > How do you change the LUKS filesystem password?
>
> [Caveat: this is sort of from memory; I don't have a luks-encrypted
> device handy for testing...]
>
> First, add a second key (password):
>
> cryptsetup luksAddKey /dev/XXX
>
> Then delete the original key
>
> cryptsetup luksKillSlot /dev/XXX 0
>
> You need to be careful to get the slot numbers correct. Use the
> luksDump option to see how things are setup on your system.

luksKillSlot does not work for me on Centos 5.6. luksDelKey does.

Paul.