Old 08-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Akemi Yagi

Default CentOS 6.0 and freenx

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> wrote:

>> I have updated that web site. *What is the path of the .ssh directory
>> that is giving you a problem? *Does running restorecon on the directory
>> solve it?
>
> Thanks for the post at:
>
> http://blog.toracat.org/2010/12/selinux-and-freenx/
>
> User nx's home directory is /var/lib/nxserver/home .

> I will test your suggestion and report back with what I find.

Yes, that indeed solved the selinux issue. First, using a test VM, I
made sure connection failed if selinux was enabled. Then I ran:

restorecon -R -v /var/lib/nxserver

and now I am able to connect without a problem.

Thanks for your help. I will update the blog accordingly.

Akemi

Old 08-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Helmut Drodofsky

[root@fw ~]# rpm -qa | grep nx
nx-3.4.0-7.el6.ay.x86_64
freenx-0.7.3-7.el6.ay.x86_64

[root@fw ~]# rpm -qf /etc/nxserver/node.conf
freenx-0.7.3-7.el6.ay.x86_64

The directory /etc/nxserver was manually deleted after uninstall of the atrpms installation.

Also rpm -e nx-3.4.0-7.el6.ay.x86_64 freenx-0.7.3-7.el6.ay.x86_64
does no delete on this directory.

Helmut