Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Les Mikesell

Default ssh after failing fsck?

Is there any way to configure things so sshd starts even if a filesystem
mentioned in fstab has errors that fail the automatic fsck at boot? Due
to some power issues I'm sitting at work for a long fsck to complete -
or more likely fail, so I can run it manually like it will tell me on
the console. I'd much rather ssh in from home and do that later...

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 07-16-2011, 12:30 AM
RILINDO FOSTER

You'll have to hope that ssh does not reside on the same file system that has errors.
You probably better off getting a remote access card or a terminal that allows you to console into the server - sort of like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_DRAC

On Jul 15, 2011, at 5:34 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:Is there any way to configure things so sshd starts even if a filesystem