Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

Default OT: USB3 drive occasionally not detected

centos-bounces@centos.org wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2011, 16:20:22 schrieb Lamar Owen:
>> An alternative would be to use the ELrepo 'mainline' kernel,
>> assuming it has the xhci and/or xhci_hcd modules; but you'd be on
>> your own configuring udev and friends to use it.
> No option - too complicated for my knowledge.

This is yet another plea for Centos users with repo knowledge putting
the kernel sources where anybody can yum install them,
And users with kernel knowledge building a broader-capability kernel
(i586, non-PAE, and USB3 are the needed add-ins named on this list so
far),
And a user to merge our supplied changes into this centosplus kernel.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

//me

Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Always Learning

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 20:02 +0200, Timothy Kesten wrote:

> Asrock 880G Extreme3
>
> Formated ext. UBS-HDD (500 GB) ext3 / ext2 - both did not work
>
> If it is detected (first time) - that happens very fast.
> But then ( second time or more) - no detection.

Have you seen this ?

http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-peripherals/1409294.htm

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

centos-bounces@centos.org wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2011 13:42 schrieb Brunner, Brian T.:
>
>> Try this:
>> Make (eg) /usr/bin/usb3mount (your own wrapper for /bin/mount for
>> usb3 devices) Include the line
>> for num in 0 1 2 3 4 5 ; do echo "- - -" >
>> /sys/class/scsi_host/host$num/scan; done
>
> No effect (have a number 9 t# therefore I run from 0 till 9.
>
> Message:
>
> ./usb3mount: line 2: /sys/class/scsi_host/host4/scan: Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> ./usb3mount: line 2: /sys/class/scsi_host/host5/scan: Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> ./usb3mount: line 2: /sys/class/scsi_host/host6/scan: Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> ./usb3mount: line 2: /sys/class/scsi_host/host7/scan: Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> ./usb3mount: line 2: /sys/class/scsi_host/host8/scan: Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

"file or directory not found"
Look for
/sys
/sys/class
/sys/class/scsi_host
/sys/class/scsi_host/host1
/sys/class/scsi_host/host8
And see which aren't there.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

//me (I have nothing to do with the following text)

Old 07-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Timothy Kesten

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2011, 20:35:52 schrieb Always Learning:

> Have you seen this ?
>
> http://forums.techarena.in/hardware-peripherals/1409294.htm

Most of solutions concern WINDOWS.
But I will try to find a BIOS-Update.