Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Default CentOS 6: the ongoing saga

We'll ignore that the group name for KDE changed, and so, since we had it
on the same line as X, neither was installed.

However, more of an annoyance: to get nfs working, I had to install:
pam-krb5
ncsd
then fix /etc/init.d/autofs (when I did a service restart, it told me
automount was running, and did not stop it), then after some research,
found I had to manually start rpcbind, *then* I could run nfslock.

Any comments, folks? The admin I work with said he does not believe he had
to do some of that with RHEL 6.

mark "he also says that I shouldn't discount the possibility
that he's crazy"

Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Karanbir Singh

> Any comments, folks? The admin I work with said he does not believe he had
> to do some of that with RHEL 6.

could you quantify that please and confirm.

- KB