Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Default Gnome System Monitor crashes on Centos 6 x86_64

Frank Cox wrote:
> Has anyone else had this problem? I tried it as a brand new username and it
> happens every time.
>
> Add to panel - System Monitor
>
> System Monitor shows up in the panel bar for a split second as a black box, then
> crashes with the following message:
>
> Package: gnome-applets-2.28.0-7.el6
> Latest Crash: Mon 11 Jul 2011 03:52:52 PM
> Command: ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
> ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
> ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
> ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
> ' ' ' ' ' ' Reason: Process /usr/libexec/multiload-applet-2
> was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV) Comment: None Bug Reports:

Gnome System Monitor used to crash on RHEL Beta. Have you ran update as
soon as you installed? It is most recommended course of action.

Ljubomir

Old 07-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Frank Cox

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:36:08 +0200
Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> Gnome System Monitor used to crash on RHEL Beta. Have you ran update as
> soon as you installed? It is most recommended course of action.

Several megabytes of updates automatically showed up some minutes after I
finished installing the operating system so I applied them and as far as I know
I currently have the latest-and-greatest version of gnome-applets installed.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:36:08 +0200
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
>> Gnome System Monitor used to crash on RHEL Beta. Have you ran update as
>> soon as you installed? It is most recommended course of action.
>
> Several megabytes of updates automatically showed up some minutes after I
> finished installing the operating system so I applied them and as far as I know
> I currently have the latest-and-greatest version of gnome-applets installed.

This happened on my new CentOS 6 also, but only when you want to put it
as applet.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Frank Cox wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:36:08 +0200
>> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>>
>>> Gnome System Monitor used to crash on RHEL Beta. Have you ran update as
>>> soon as you installed? It is most recommended course of action.
>> Several megabytes of updates automatically showed up some minutes after I
>> finished installing the operating system so I applied them and as far as I know
>> I currently have the latest-and-greatest version of gnome-applets installed.
>>
> This happened on my new CentOS 6 also, but only when you want to put it
> as applet.

I just uploaded abrt.log to bug 4964 on bugs.centos.org.

Ljubomir

Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Akemi Yagi

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> Frank Cox wrote:

>>> Several megabytes of updates automatically showed up some minutes after I
>>> finished installing the operating system so I applied them and as far as I know
>>> I currently have the latest-and-greatest version of gnome-applets installed.
>>>
>> This happened on my new CentOS 6 also, but only when you want to put it
>> as applet.
>
> I just uploaded abrt.log to bug 4964 on bugs.centos.org.

I have rebuilt gnome-applets and updated my test system with it. This
seems to have fixed the crash problem. I have made the rebuilt version
available for testing:

http://centos.toracat.org/misc/CentOS-6/gnome-applets/

Bug #4964 has been updated with this info. Please provide feedback if you can.

Thanks,

Akemi

Old 07-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> I have rebuilt gnome-applets and updated my test system with it. This
> seems to have fixed the crash problem. I have made the rebuilt version
> available for testing:
>
> http://centos.toracat.org/misc/CentOS-6/gnome-applets/
>
> Bug #4964 has been updated with this info. Please provide feedback if you can.

That was it, it works as expected. thanks

Ljubomir