Old 07-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Arun Khan

Default Installing from CD

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:14 AM, david <david@daku.org> wrote:

> The machine I'm trying to load does not have a DVD reader, but only a
> CD reader.

No worries. Use the Net install CD and boot the system. On another
system in your LAN, mount the DVD ISO and export it via either http
or ftp. I believe NFS/CIFS export is also an option but I am not 100%
sure.

On the "install" system that you have booted with the Netinstall Cd,
choose ftp/http install and point it to the local ftp/http server you
have setup in above step.

> Are the multiple CD images of CENTOS 6 available somewhere? *Earlier
> versions had them.

The Netinstall method from a "local" server takes care of this issue.

HTH.
--
Arun Khan