Old 07-11-2011, 11:22 AM
John Doe

Default CentOS 6 CDs isos...

Hey,

just wondering if CentOS 6 CDs isos are also planned, or if there will be only the DVDs ones...?

Thx,
JD

Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Tom Diehl

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, John Doe wrote:

> Hey,
>
> just wondering if CentOS 6 CDs isos are also planned, or if there will be only the DVDs ones...?

You might want to read the announcement @ http://www.centos.org?

You will find the answer to your question there.

Tom Diehl tdiehl@rogueind.com Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com

Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Spook ZA

On 11 July 2011 13:22, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> just wondering if CentOS 6 CDs isos are also planned, or if there will be only the DVDs ones...?

Have a look here:
http://www.karan.org/blog/index.php/2011/07/10/release-for-centos-6-0-i386-and-x86-64
It gives details of all the disk sets.

> Thx,
> JD

Regards,
Andy.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 AM
John Doe

From: Spook ZA <spookza@gmail.com>

> On 11 July 2011 13:22, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> just wondering if CentOS 6 CDs isos are also planned, or if there will be
> only the DVDs ones...?
> Have a look here:
> http://www.karan.org/blog/index.php/2011/07/10/release-for-centos-6-0-i386-and-x86-64
> It gives details of all the disk sets.

Yeah, I just got the announcement, sorry...
Dunno if it is Yahoo Mail but I keep receiving the mails from the mailing list in random timeline...
By example, today I just received some mails from Saturday and Sunday...

Thx,
JD

Old 07-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 07/12/2011 11:18 AM, John Doe wrote:
> Yeah, I just got the announcement, sorry...
> Dunno if it is Yahoo Mail but I keep receiving the mails from the mailing list in random timeline...
> By example, today I just received some mails from Saturday and Sunday...

Yahoo's mail system is quite badly broken. I highly recommend people
stop using them.

Because the centos mailserver sends a lot of emails, they automatically
consider us to be spammers and will enforce both throttling and
blacklisting us at various times. Attempts to get through to their mail
handling team have produced not results beyond 'fill in that web form
and we will get back to you'. Having done that a few times over the last
few years, they havent ever bothered getting back to us.

Use something else

- KB

Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Rob Kampen

Karanbir Singh wrote:

Yeah, I just got the announcement, sorry...
Dunno if it is Yahoo Mail but I keep receiving the mails from the mailing list in random timeline...
By example, today I just received some mails from Saturday and Sunday...

Yahoo's mail system is quite badly broken. I highly recommend people
stop using them.

Because the centos mailserver sends a lot of emails, they automatically
consider us to be spammers and will enforce both throttling and
blacklisting us at various times. Attempts to get through to their mail
handling team have produced not results beyond 'fill in that web form
and we will get back to you'. Having done that a few times over the last
few years, they havent ever bothered getting back to us.

Use something else

Yahoo = micro$oft since the buy-out last year - any wonder they don't
respond well to FOSS??

- KB

Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM
helpaz

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 18:01, Rob Kampen <rkampen@kampensonline.com> wrote:
> Yahoo = micro$oft since the buy-out last year - any wonder they don't
> respond well to FOSS??

probably it was April fools day joke.

from wikipedia:
In February 2008, Microsoft Corporation made an unsolicited bid to
acquire Yahoo! for USD $44.6 billion. Yahoo! subsequently formally
rejected the bid