Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default fail2ban problem on shutdown

Another post on fail2ban reminded me of a problem I had
in Italy, when the ADSL connection kept dropping,
and only came back on re-booting.
(I solved the problem in the end by getting a Billion modem/router
in place of the no-name one supplied by Telecom Italia.)

It seems that if there was no internet connection,
fail2ban hung for an inordinate length of time,
possibly for ever, when shutting down.
I found I had to stop it separately, before shutting down
or re-booting.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net