FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
 
Default SSH using Keys, no password and SFTP?

Devin Reade wrote:
> Devin Reade <gdr@gno.org> wrote:
>
>> Jason <slackmoehrle.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What I dont understand is how SFTP would work them. I dont see any settings in my FTP clients to use SFTP without providing a password.
>
> 'course, I may have jumped the gun on my comments. I'm also assuming a
> sane sftp client. Certainly the (standard/portable) OpenSSH sftp
> implementation doesn't need it. If your sftp client doesn't have any
> way to identify the key store, then it might not be able to handle it.
> (On UNIX/Mac, it may be implicit on where it finds the keys. I don't
> know about arbitrary Windows clients)
>
> Devin
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>

Winscp supports key pair, but you must convert them to Putty format.

Ljubomir
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 05-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Jason
 
Default SSH using Keys, no password and SFTP?

So is it possible to require some users to use Password only and some to use Key only authentication?

-Jason

--
Jason

On Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM, office@plnet.rs wrote:
> Devin Reade wrote:
> > Devin Reade <gdr@gno.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Jason <slackmoehrle.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > What I dont understand is how SFTP would work them. I dont see any settings in my FTP clients to use SFTP without providing a password.
> >
> > 'course, I may have jumped the gun on my comments. I'm also assuming a
> > sane sftp client. Certainly the (standard/portable) OpenSSH sftp
> > implementation doesn't need it. If your sftp client doesn't have any
> > way to identify the key store, then it might not be able to handle it.
> > (On UNIX/Mac, it may be implicit on where it finds the keys. I don't
> > know about arbitrary Windows clients)
> >
> > Devin
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > CentOS mailing list
> > CentOS@centos.org
> > http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
> Winscp supports key pair, but you must convert them to Putty format.
>
> Ljubomir
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
 
Default SSH using Keys, no password and SFTP?

Jason wrote:
> So is it possible to require some users to use Password only and some to use Key only authentication?
>
> -Jason
>
I am not sure.

First auth ssh will try is key pair. if that does not work, it will ask
for username and password. So if you leave password auth runnig and you
use key pair, it will work. Take a look at ssh man page for the specifics.

Ljubomir
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Brandon Ooi
 
Default SSH using Keys, no password and SFTP?

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:


Jason wrote:

> So is it possible to require some users to use Password only and some to use Key only authentication?

>

> -Jason

>

I am not sure.



First auth ssh will try is key pair. if that does not work, it will ask

for username and password. So if you leave password auth runnig and you

use key pair, it will work. Take a look at ssh man page for the specifics.



Ljubomir

Clients like filezilla can use SFTP keys held by ssh-agent. Filezilla on windows can use the ssh-agent provided by putty. Try just putting no password, the client may just work (with ssh-agent running)


Brandon*
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org