Old 05-06-2011, 03:06 PM
neubyr

Default ruby 1.8.7 from source

I need to install ruby 1.8.7 on CentOS 5.5 x86_64 system. I am
planning to install it from source, but I am not sure whether this
will install rdoc, ri and ruby-devel as well. I couldn't figure it out
from 'configure --help' command. Appreciate any help regarding this
issue. Also, any other installation options or repository suggestions
are welcome.

thanks,
neuby.r

Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/06/2011 04:06 PM, neubyr wrote:
> I need to install ruby 1.8.7 on CentOS 5.5 x86_64 system. I am
> planning to install it from source, but I am not sure whether this
> will install rdoc, ri and ruby-devel as well. I couldn't figure it out
> from 'configure --help' command. Appreciate any help regarding this
> issue. Also, any other installation options or repository suggestions
> are welcome.

http://centos.karan.org/el5/ruby187/

- KB

Old 05-06-2011, 03:24 PM
neubyr

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> On 05/06/2011 04:06 PM, neubyr wrote:
>> I need to install ruby 1.8.7 on CentOS 5.5 x86_64 system. I am
>> planning to install it from source, but I am not sure whether this
>> will install rdoc, ri and ruby-devel as well. I couldn't figure it out
>> from 'configure --help' command. Appreciate any help regarding this
>> issue. Also, any other installation options or repository suggestions
>> are welcome.
>
> http://centos.karan.org/el5/ruby187/
>
> - KB

Sweet.. thanks a lot.