Old 05-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default centos friends?

On 05/05/2011 10:51 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote on 05/05/2011 05:03 PM:
>> Here is a bit of why the donation button went away (It was back in 2009 or so)...
>
> Old news, that does not explain why monetary donations are still not
> being accepted.

One of the tasks on the table for this summer is to setup a mechanism to
accept financial donations / contributions from people. If you want to
contribute towards specific people's efforts - I am sure most of the
guys have amazon wish lists etc in place.

- KB

Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Dave Stevens

On Thursday, May 05, 2011 04:04:06 PM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 05/05/2011 10:51 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> > Scott Silva wrote on 05/05/2011 05:03 PM:
> >> Here is a bit of why the donation button went away (It was back in 2009
> >> or so)...
> >
> > Old news, that does not explain why monetary donations are still not
> > being accepted.
>
> One of the tasks on the table for this summer is to setup a mechanism to
> accept financial donations / contributions from people. If you want to
> contribute towards specific people's efforts - I am sure most of the
> guys have amazon wish lists etc in place.
>
> - KB

Thank you. How can I find out who the guys are?

Dave

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Douglas Adams in one of the Hitchiker novels...

Old 05-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Hakan Koseoglu

On 6 May 2011 00:04, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> One of the tasks on the table for this summer is to setup a mechanism to
> accept financial donations / contributions from people. If you want to
> contribute towards specific people's efforts - I am sure most of the
> guys have amazon wish lists etc in place.
What about mercenary? Desperate to have a CentOS t-shirt here.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
"Geoff Galitz"

>> One of the tasks on the table for this summer is to setup a mechanism to
>> accept financial donations / contributions from people. If you want to
>> contribute towards specific people's efforts - I am sure most of the
>> guys have amazon wish lists etc in place.

Don't forget about us "little guys!" Centos/RHEL also build on upstream
projects which would be happy to take donations until the CentOS donation
system is ironed out.

For example:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/sponsorship.html
http://openvas.org/professional-services.html (FOSS security auditing
software)
-- commission us to write new documentation or new features[*]
http://www.lighttpd.net/thank-you (lighttpd web server)
https://my.fsf.org/donate/ (GNU/FSF)
[*] Due notice, this is a project I am an active developer for.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Phil Schaffner

Dave Stevens wrote on 05/05/2011 07:11 PM:
> Thank you. How can I find out who the guys are?

Go to https://www.centos.org/ and look under "Information" on the menu bar.

Phil

Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/06/2011 10:00 AM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On 6 May 2011 00:04, Karanbir Singh<mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
>> One of the tasks on the table for this summer is to setup a mechanism to
>> accept financial donations / contributions from people. If you want to
>> contribute towards specific people's efforts - I am sure most of the
>> guys have amazon wish lists etc in place.
> What about mercenary? Desperate to have a CentOS t-shirt here.

Come to the CentOS PubCrawl and as long as you can fit into something
from a size Small to a size XXL, I'll make sure you get a T-Shirt ( and
the beer is sponsored too... )

http://centospubcrawl.eventbrite.com/ if you havent seen it already.

- KB

Old 05-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Kevin Thorpe

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:

Come to the CentOS PubCrawl and as long as you can fit into something

from a size Small to a size XXL, I'll make sure you get a T-Shirt ( and

the beer is sponsored too... )

http://centospubcrawl.eventbrite.com/ if you havent seen it already.

Funnily enough I only mentioned that I owed you guys a beer a few days ago.
See you on Tuesday

Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/06/2011 04:49 PM, Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> http://centospubcrawl.eventbrite.com/ if you havent seen it already.
>

> Funnily enough I only mentioned that I owed you guys a beer a few days ago.
> See you on Tuesday

thats cool, look forward to seeing you there. Pass the word along btw,
there are plenty more places available for beer on the evening.

- KB

Old 05-06-2011, 06:05 PM
fred smith

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 04:54:39PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 05/06/2011 04:49 PM, Kevin Thorpe wrote:
> > http://centospubcrawl.eventbrite.com/ if you havent seen it already.
> >

> > Funnily enough I only mentioned that I owed you guys a beer a few days ago.
> > See you on Tuesday
> >

> thats cool, look forward to seeing you there. Pass the word along btw,
> there are plenty more places available for beer on the evening.

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a swim from North America,... while I
wasn't directly invited, I nevertheless won't be able to make it.
I'd also dearly love a Centos shirt,... do similar events ever
occur in or around Boston?

Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding
------------------------------- Isaiah 9:7 (niv) ------------------------------

Old 05-06-2011, 06:10 PM

fred smith wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 04:54:39PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 05/06/2011 04:49 PM, Kevin Thorpe wrote:
>> > http://centospubcrawl.eventbrite.com/ if you havent seen it
>> already.
>> >
>> > Funnily enough I only mentioned that I owed you guys a beer a few days
>> > ago. See you on Tuesday
>>
>> thats cool, look forward to seeing you there. Pass the word along btw,
>> there are plenty more places available for beer on the evening.
>
> Unfortunately, it's a bit of a swim from North America,... while I

Google maps used to have directions from the US to London, involving
driving to Fisherman's Wharf in Boston, then diving into the water, and
swimming across the Atlantic....

> wasn't directly invited, I nevertheless won't be able to make it.
> I'd also dearly love a Centos shirt,... do similar events ever
> occur in or around Boston?

Or DC?

mark