-   -   libpq.so.4 missing (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/521847-libpq-so-4-missing.html)

"James A. Peltier" 05-04-2011 01:57 AM

libpq.so.4 missing

----- Original Message -----
| On 05/03/2011 04:36 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
| > |
| > | /usr/lib/libpq.so.4 should be a symlink to libpq.so.4.1, which is
| > | provided by postgresql-libs
| > |
| > | now, I'm running a newer postgres from the yum.postgresql.org
| > | repository, they provide libpq.so.4 via compat-postgresql-libs
| >

| > I don't have PostgreSQL installed. I have no need for it to be
| > installed.
| >
| > I have run a yum -y clean all on the host which has only @core
| > installed and some necessary packages to build torque and maui
| >
| > I have tried to run yum -y install httpd no third party repositories
| > enabled and it fails with the error described earlier. I even tried
| > with
| >
| > yum -y install httpd --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=base
| >
| > no dice. I'm trying a different mirror on a VM just to be sure it's
| > not me
| >

| Do you have any "exclude=" items in your
| /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo or your /etc/yum.conf file ...
| specifically is postgresql-libs (or postgresql*) excluded?

Yup! That was it. Looks like someone went and update the package sources to include exclude=postgresql*, but why does Apache need postgresql-libs anyway?

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group

Steven Crothers 05-04-2011 01:58 AM

libpq.so.4 missing

mod_auth_postgresql (or similar, can't remember)

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier@sfu.ca> wrote:
> [...]

Steven Crothers
steven.crothers@gmail.com

John R Pierce 05-04-2011 03:41 AM

libpq.so.4 missing

On 05/03/11 6:57 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> On 05/03/2011 04:36 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> | Do you have any "exclude=" items in your
> | /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo or your /etc/yum.conf file ...
> | specifically is postgresql-libs (or postgresql*) excluded?
>
> Yup! That was it. Looks like someone went and update the package sources to include exclude=postgresql*, but why does Apache need postgresql-libs anyway?

# rpm -q --whatrequires libpq.so.4
dovecot-1.0.7-7.el5
apr-util-1.2.7-7.el5_3.2
perl-DBD-Pg-1.49-2.el5_3.1
php-pgsql-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
#

I bet its apr-util.... apr is some sort of caching system for apache, I
believe.