Old 05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Tim Dunphy

Default virtdown script

hello list!

I have a small shell script that I wrote that is meant to quickly bring down all of my xen instances in a quick and easy manner. Odd thing is, it does work on the command line. But if I put it into a script this happens:

[root@LCENT03:/home/bluethundr/bin] #virtdown

it expects another command to happen. which is odd since all of the text delimiters (" and ') are balanced according to vim. I was wondering if I could have an opinion on why this might be happening. Here's the script:

#/bin/bash

for i in $(virsh list | grep -v -e Id -e --- -e Domain-0 | awk '{print $1}');
do
/usr/bin/virsh shutdown $i
done

thanks in advance!