Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Laurent CREPET

Default since CentOS 5.6 upgrade, squid crashes

Hi,

I have recently upgraded our web proxy to CentOS 5.6. Before the upgrade, squid was running fine.

Since the upgrade, sometimes, squid crashes:
> [root@stargate ~]# service squid status
> squid dead but pid file exists

Looking at log files, I think it could be related to logrotate stuff,
> -rw-r----- 1 squid squid 42713088 May 3 04:02 store.log
> -rw-r----- 1 squid squid 8192 May 3 04:02 cache.log
> -rw-r----- 1 squid squid 35778160 May 3 04:02 access.log

I will look at the latest RPMs to check differences on /etc/logrotate.d/squid.

Laurent.
--
Laurent CREPET <lct@megrapet.fr>