-   -   community communication (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/521401-community-communication.html)

Steve Castellotti 05-03-2011 06:57 AM

community communication

*** In the most polite way possible, could someone please update the
CentOS community regards the release schedule for CentOS 6?

*** The last official announcement I could find was on the Twitter
account:

"We should have news, along with a release plan, for CentOS-6 in
the next few days"

https://twitter.com/#!/CentOS/status/60108149021097984

Posted on April 18th.

*** It is now May 3rd; that last message was posted more than two
weeks ago.

*** On a related note, less than a month prior was this comment:

"What I will try : make sure there is plenty of info via this
twitter account. Apologies for dropping the ball a bit on that
front recently"

https://twitter.com/#!/CentOS/status/50891373703995392

Posted March 24, 2011.

*** We all realized the CentOS developers are busy and respect their
hard work.

*** I hope however it is not unreasonable to ask for more timely
updates and information regards the status of releases, especially
as one week from today will mark six months since RHEL 6 was
released (on November 10 2010).

Cheers

Christopher Chan 05-03-2011 07:26 AM

community communication