Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Phil Schaffner

Default Removing 32bit packages from 64bit OS

Fajar Priyanto wrote on 05/02/2011 12:39 PM:
> Hi all,
> Somehow I mistakenly install a bunch of 32bit packages in my 64bit Centos 5.6
> How do I remove those 32bit packages?

FAQ #22:

http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#head-357346ff0bf7c14b0849c3bcce39677aaca528e9

Phil

Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Robert Heller

> Hi all,
> Somehow I mistakenly install a bunch of 32bit packages in my 64bit Centos 5.6
> How do I remove those 32bit packages?

You do know that the default install includes a basic set of 32-bit
libraries to support running 32-bit applications (there are still *some*
applications that are not available as 64-bit).