-   -   With kickstart ( Install CentOS as KVM guest) (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/520410-kickstart-install-centos-kvm-guest.html)

Jussi Hirvi 04-30-2011 06:14 PM

On 28.4.2011 21.29, Jim Wildman wrote:
> Season to taste
> virt-install -p -n test_phys -r 512 --arch=x86_64 --os-type=linux
> --os-variant=rhel5 -lhttp://192.168.200.2/c5u5_x86_64 -x
> ks=http://192.168.200.2/buildhost.ks -f /dev/vg_tosh/lv_phys -b virbr0

It took me some time to get the kickstart file load at all, because I
also had to fit in the console specification, to get a text-based
installation. This is what the script now looks (only name and ip changed):

virt-install --name myvm
--os-variant rhel5.4 --ram 512
--vcpus 1 --accelerate
--nographics -v
--location /mnt/centos56/ --network bridge:br0
--disk path=/kv2/myvm.img,size=15
--extra-args "ks=http://12.34.56.78/anaconda-ks.ks console=ttyS0";

There is a mounted CentOS 5.6 DVD at /mnt/centos56. The kickstart file
specifies the URL for http installation of CentOS 5.6.

It worked just beautifully, and fast too. The installer only asked me if
I am sure that I want to format the virtual sisk. Otherwise it was all
automatic. What a pleasure!

- Jussi