Old 04-28-2011, 02:43 PM
"Mattias Geniar"

Default LDAPs causing System Message Bus to hang when there's no network

> Did you include nss_initgroups_ignoreuser in your /etc/ldap.conf?
>
> nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,ldap
>
> Brgds

Hi Benjamin,

I tried that, but that just makes it hang upon the next service trying
to start (in our case: a zabbix monitoring daemon running as
zabbix/zabbix).

It works, if I include the entire list of all "local" users/groups that
can be ignored. However, that's not feasible when doing mass-deploys on
varied systems.

If there's a way to simply say "ignore all users with UID's < 500" that
could be a work-around I can live with, but it doesn't appear there is.

Regards,
Mattias