Old 04-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Guy Boisvert

Default CentOS 5.6 - Samba server + Windows error 233

Hi!

*** I have upgraded my servers yesterday to CentOS 5.6 via yum
update.* Everything went smoothly except that i have client
workstations not part of the domain that are not able to access the
samba server anymore.* The samba server is part of the domain.* We
recently added Windows 2008 R2 DC.* Everything was working smoothly
until the CentOS update.

*** I had a Win7 Workstation that i had success connecting when
using the "net use" command:

net use g: sambaservershare /user:domainusername

The mapping worked right away and didn't even asked for the
password.* Normally, before the CentOS upgrade, i'd put
sambaserver in the UNC line of the Windows Explorer and i'd get a
box asking for credentials.* Entering "domainusername" as user and
giving the password in the password line was working.* Not anymore.

I have another XP workstation on another subnet (router wide open)
and the mapping with the command line as specified above doesn't
even work.* For this subnet, i have to use the IP address because
the workstations on it use a DNS which isn't aware or active
directory (and cannot change this).

samba-3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2

samba-common-3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2

Here is my smb.conf:

===================

[global]

******* workgroup = DOMAINNAME

******* realm = DOMAINNAME.COM

******* server string = Servername File Server

******* socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

******* security = ADS

******* encrypt passwords = yes

******* passdb backend = tdbsam

******* password server = *

******* preferred master = No

******* local master = No

******* domain master = No

******* cups options = raw

******* hosts allow = 10.0.2., 10.0.3., 127., 10.0.4.40

pam password change = Yes

passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

passwd chat = *New*Password* %n
*Re-enter*new*password*%n
*Password*changed*

username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

unix password sync = Yes

log level = 1

syslog = 0

log file = /var/log/samba/%m

max log size = 50

smb ports = 139

name resolve order = bcast hosts

time server = Yes

printcap name = CUPS

show add printer wizard = No

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u'

delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'

add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'

delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'

add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G '%g' '%u'

add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /tmp '%u'

shutdown script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/shutdown.sh

abort shutdown script = /sbin/shutdown -c

# separate domain and username with ', like DOMAINusername

winbind separator =+

# use uids from 10000 to 20000 for domain users

idmap uid = 10000-20000

# use gids from 10000 to 20000 for domain groups

idmap gid = 10000-20000

# allow enumeration of winbind users and groups

winbind enum users = yes

[homes]

******* comment = Home Directories

******* read

******* browseable = No

******* writable = yes

[Videotheque]

******* comment = Fichiers MPEG2

******* path = /home/Samba/Videotheque

******* read

******* available = Yes

******* public = Yes

******* writable = yes

******* admin users =
domainname+user1,domainname+user2,domainname+user3

TIA,

Guy Boisvert

Old 04-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Ryan Wagoner

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Guy Boisvert
<boisvert.guy@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> *** I have upgraded my servers yesterday to CentOS 5.6 via yum update.
> Everything went smoothly except that i have client workstations not part of
> the domain that are not able to access the samba server anymore.* The samba
> server is part of the domain.* We recently added Windows 2008 R2 DC.
> Everything was working smoothly until the CentOS update.

If I remember correctly with a Windows 2008 DC you need to use the
samba3x packages.

Ryan

Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Guy Boisvert

Le 2011-04-27 13:44, Ryan Wagoner a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Guy Boisvert
> <boisvert.guy@videotron.ca> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have upgraded my servers yesterday to CentOS 5.6 via yum update.
>> Everything went smoothly except that i have client workstations not part of
>> the domain that are not able to access the samba server anymore. The samba
>> server is part of the domain. We recently added Windows 2008 R2 DC.
>> Everything was working smoothly until the CentOS update.
> If I remember correctly with a Windows 2008 DC you need to use the
> samba3x packages.
>
> Ryan

Thanks Ryan.

I will try it next weekend and report back to the list.

If there is a Samba3X, this is oubiously for something.

I was forced to change our DCs to Winblows 2008 and it turned into a big
mess here (Samba freaking, DNS instability, Exchange 2010 doing its best
to force us upgrading to Outlook 2010, etc etc etc)!

Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Guy Boisvert

Le 2011-04-29 14:03, Guy Boisvert a écrit :
> Le 2011-04-27 13:44, Ryan Wagoner a écrit :
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Guy Boisvert
>> <boisvert.guy@videotron.ca> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have upgraded my servers yesterday to CentOS 5.6 via yum update.
>>> Everything went smoothly except that i have client workstations not part of
>>> the domain that are not able to access the samba server anymore. The samba
>>> server is part of the domain. We recently added Windows 2008 R2 DC.
>>> Everything was working smoothly until the CentOS update.
>> If I remember correctly with a Windows 2008 DC you need to use the
>> samba3x packages.
>>
>> Ryan
> Thanks Ryan.
>
> I will try it next weekend and report back to the list.
>
> If there is a Samba3X, this is oubiously for something.
>
> I was forced to change our DCs to Winblows 2008 and it turned into a big
> mess here (Samba freaking, DNS instability, Exchange 2010 doing its best
> to force us upgrading to Outlook 2010, etc etc etc)!

Sorry for the long delay, had a crash and my Thunderbird files were
corrupt...

So, i confirm that Samba-3X fixed my problem.