Old 04-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Jussi Hirvi

Default Rsync 3 from rpmforge

My brain must be on knots somehow.

I try to install rsync 3.x, which I know is in rpmforge repo for my
architecture:

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22214

http://packages.sw.be/rsync/

But yum does not find it, however I try.

I have installed yum-priorities. Rpmforge is low priority. But still...

yum erase rsync # erase v2.6 from base repo

yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rpmforge install rsyn*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
* rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
Setting up Install Process
No package rsyn* available.
Nothing to do

I managed to do this a couple of days ago, but now I cannot.

- Jussi

Old 04-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Rainer Traut

Am 27.04.2011 15:57, schrieb Jussi Hirvi:
> My brain must be on knots somehow.
>
> I try to install rsync 3.x, which I know is in rpmforge repo for my
> architecture:
>
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22214
>
> http://packages.sw.be/rsync/
>
> But yum does not find it, however I try.
>
> I have installed yum-priorities. Rpmforge is low priority. But still...
>
> yum erase rsync # erase v2.6 from base repo
>
> yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rpmforge install rsyn*
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
> * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
> Setting up Install Process
> No package rsyn* available.
> Nothing to do
>
> I managed to do this a couple of days ago, but now I cannot.

I think the problem is, rpmforge has split its repository in one that
replaces/updates packages from the base OS and a repository that
contains only new packages. You need to enable the first one - that's
called "rpmforge-extras" not "rpmforge".

Rainer

Old 04-27-2011, 02:28 PM
John Doe

From: Jussi Hirvi <listmember@greenspot.fi>

> I try to install rsync 3.x, which I know is in rpmforge repo for my
> architecture:

# yum list rsync
Installed Packages
rsync.i386 2.6.8-3.1 installed
Available Packages
rsync.i386 3.0.8-1.el5.rfx rpmforge-extras

Do you have rpmforge-extras...?

JD

Old 04-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Les Mikesell

On 4/27/2011 9:28 AM, Rainer Traut wrote:
> Am 27.04.2011 15:57, schrieb Jussi Hirvi:
>> My brain must be on knots somehow.
>>
>> I try to install rsync 3.x, which I know is in rpmforge repo for my
>> architecture:
>>
>> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22214
>>
>> http://packages.sw.be/rsync/
>>
>> But yum does not find it, however I try.
>>
>> I have installed yum-priorities. Rpmforge is low priority. But still...
>>
>> yum erase rsync # erase v2.6 from base repo
>>
>> yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rpmforge install rsyn*
>> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
>> * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
>> Setting up Install Process
>> No package rsyn* available.
>> Nothing to do
>>
>> I managed to do this a couple of days ago, but now I cannot.
>>

> I think the problem is, rpmforge has split its repository in one that
> replaces/updates packages from the base OS and a repository that
> contains only new packages. You need to enable the first one - that's
> called "rpmforge-extras" not "rpmforge".

You should be able to do 'update rpmforge-release' to get the new
rpmforge-extras and rpmforge-testing repos added (but they are disabled
by default so you need the --enablerepo on the command line to access them).

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 04-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Jussi Hirvi

Thanks for a triple answer. :-) Now I remember - like I said, I solved
this problem once already. Hm, I should document better what I do...

- Jussi

Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Scott Silva

on 4/27/2011 7:46 AM Jussi Hirvi spake the following:
> Thanks for a triple answer. :-) Now I remember - like I said, I solved
> this problem once already. Hm, I should document better what I do...
>
> - Jussi
Where's the fun in that?