Old 04-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Eric Doutreleau

Default use of conntrack-tools

hi

i would like to use conntrack_tools on my centos server.
i use the rpms from centalt
but when i launch

conntrack -C
I got
conntrack v0.9.13 (conntrack-tools): Can't open
/proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_count

Does someone already succeed in using it?

Thanks in advance for any answer

Old 04-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> hi
>
> i would like to use conntrack_tools on my centos server.
> i use the rpms from centalt
> but when i launch
>
> conntrack -C
> I got
> conntrack v0.9.13 (conntrack-tools): Can't open
> /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_count
>
> Does someone already succeed in using it?
>
> Thanks in advance for any answer

5 minutes of google-ing gave me answer:

You need to also install 'libnetfilter_conntrack" rpm, at least it looks
like it.

Visit http://centos.alt.ru/pub/conntrack-tools/ and download appropriate
rpm's, or download from RPMForge, but alt.ru version looks newer.

Ljubomir

Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
"John R. Dennison"

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:35:29PM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> Visit http://centos.alt.ru/pub/conntrack-tools/ and download appropriate
> rpm's, or download from RPMForge, but alt.ru version looks newer.

A quick note to the rpmforge-suggest mailing list is generally all it
takes to get a version bump for existing packages.

John
--
Cowardice asks the question, "Is it safe?" Expediency asks the question,
"Is it politic?" Vanity asks the question, "Is it popular?" But, conscience

-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Eric Doutreleau

well i have already installed these packages.
i was wondering what is creating these files on the /proc filesystems?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
"John R. Dennison"

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 09:03:01AM +0200, Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> well i have already installed these packages.
> i was wondering what is creating these files on the /proc filesystems?

Out of curiousity what does "uname -a" return on that system? If you
could paste the _full_ output here it would be helpful. Thanks.

John

--
<sxem> trying to play sturgeon while it's under attack is apparently not fun.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Eric Doutreleau

thanks for your interest

here is the output

Linux patan.int-evry.fr 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 1 18:42:32 EDT
2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM
"John R. Dennison"

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 09:03:01AM +0200, Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> well i have already installed these packages.
> i was wondering what is creating these files on the /proc filesystems?

The conntrack* modules create those virtual files.

The conntrack_tools package is looking at the wrong directory it seems;
I believe it should be looking at /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter.

John

--
There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into
two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures

-- John Adams (30 October 1735 - 4 July 1826), first Vice President,
second President of the US, father of John Quincy Adams, Letter to
Jonathan Jackson (2 October 1789)

Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
"John R. Dennison"

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 09:20:38AM +0200, Eric Doutreleau wrote:

> Linux patan.int-evry.fr 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 1 18:42:32 EDT
> 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks. I was curious if this might be a case of a kernel without the
necessary support such as an OpenVZ kernel. That doesn't seem to be the
case here. See my last response for what I believe to be the cause of
the issue you are having.

John

--
Simply put, it's time. Time for me. And time for Chicago to move on.

-- Richard M. Daley, mayor of Chicago since 1989, announcing that he
would not seek re-election, New York Times, 8 September 2010

Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Eric Doutreleau

yes indeed
i look through the sources and the path is hardcoded
it s really strange some packages for centos are built but obviously
don't work.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Peter Kjellström

On Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:32:08 AM Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> yes indeed
> i look through the sources and the path is hardcoded
> it s really strange some packages for centos are built but obviously
> don't work.

You may want to take this up with the centalt people since it seems to be a
problem with their package not with CentOS.

/Peter