Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Fajar Priyanto

Default malware scanner

Hi,
Do you have any recommendation which malware scanner I can use in a
proxy/gateway?
Thank you.
Fajar.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Eero Volotinen

Clamav

26.4.2011 11.00 "Fajar Priyanto" <fajarpri@arinet.org> kirjoitti:> Hi,

Old 04-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi,
> Do you have any recommendation which malware scanner I can use in a
> proxy/gateway?
> Thank you.
> Fajar.

If you want something paid for, you could look at Kaspersky for Linux.

Ljubomir

Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
John R Pierce

On 04/26/11 12:59 AM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi,
> Do you have any recommendation which malware scanner I can use in a
> proxy/gateway?

what would you want to scan on a proxy-gateway? all network traffic?
web traffic specifically? What proxy are you using, squid or something
else? you might look at http://dansguardian.org/ if you're using a
squid http proxy.

note that even if you scan malware at the web gateway, you still should
have antivirus/antimalware software running on any and all MS Windows
hosts on your network, there's just way too much hostile stuff out there.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Matthew Feinberg

Linux Malware Detect is great.
http://www.rfxn.com/projects/linux-malware-detect/

On 04/26/2011 03:59 AM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi,
> Do you have any recommendation which malware scanner I can use in a
> proxy/gateway?
> Thank you.
> Fajar.

Matthew Feinberg
matthew@choopa.com
AIM: matthewchoopa

Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Fajar Priyanto

Thank you all for the recommendation.
I'd need specifically to scan any web traffic for malware threat.
So, yeah, I'll take a look at your choices. Probably squid or
dansguardian, and/or clamav.
Thanks again.
Fajar.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Chăminda Madhujeeva

i'm using Squid+Dansguardian+ClamAV as my proxy.

Still running smoothly.

I'd need specifically to scan any web traffic for malware threat.

So, yeah, I'll take a look at your choices. Probably squid or

dansguardian, and/or clamav.

Thanks again.

Fajar.

Chăminda Mendis

Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Thank you all for the recommendation.
> I'd need specifically to scan any web traffic for malware threat.
> So, yeah, I'll take a look at your choices. Probably squid or
> dansguardian, and/or clamav.
> Thanks again.
> Fajar.

You should check out ClearOS. It's based on CentOS and it's full
gateway/proxy/anti-malware solution with web interface.

Ljubomir

Old 04-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:
> You should check out ClearOS. It's based on CentOS and it's full
> gateway/proxy/anti-malware solution with web interface.
>
> Ljubomir

Wow, this is cool!
Thanks Ljubomir!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@arinet.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:
>> You should check out ClearOS. It's based on CentOS and it's full
>> gateway/proxy/anti-malware solution with web interface.
>>
>> Ljubomir

Oh ClearOS is previously known as ClarkConnect?
Isn't it a commercial product?