Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 AM
Les Mikesell

Default malware scanner

On 4/27/11 10:46 PM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Fajar Priyanto<fajarpri@arinet.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic<office@plnet.rs> wrote:
>>> You should check out ClearOS. It's based on CentOS and it's full
>>> gateway/proxy/anti-malware solution with web interface.
>>>
>>> Ljubomir
>
> Oh ClearOS is previously known as ClarkConnect?
> Isn't it a commercial product?

You can buy enhancements and support but the basic product is free and does not
have a user limit like the old ClarkConnect.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Chăminda Madhujeeva

ClearOS is best

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:

Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> Thank you all for the recommendation.

> I'd need specifically to scan any web traffic for malware threat.

> So, yeah, I'll take a look at your choices. Probably squid or

> dansguardian, and/or clamav.

> Thanks again.

> Fajar.

You should check out ClearOS. It's based on CentOS and it's full

gateway/proxy/anti-malware solution with web interface.

Ljubomir

Chăminda Mendis

Old 04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 4/27/11 10:46 PM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

>> Oh ClearOS is previously known as ClarkConnect?
>> Isn't it a commercial product?
>
> You can buy enhancements and support but the basic product is free and does not
> have a user limit like the old ClarkConnect.

Yes, entire system is now Open Source and developers focused on paid
services like mail backup servers, etc. since they found out that is
where money is.

I used ClarkConnect from ver 3.0 and I still use them on some
systems/networks.

Ljubomir