-   -   Htaccess Help (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/518405-htaccess-help.html)

Matt 04-25-2011 09:23 PM

Htaccess Help

Been looking for a while on this before resorting to asking. I have
an .htaccess file like so.

order allow,deny

allow from x.x.x.0/24

I have this in my root html directory and it works fine. Only allows
access by the x.x.x.0/24 subnet. Thing is I have one file
~"siteinfo.html" that I want to allow anyone to access. How would I
do that?

Jerry McAllister 04-25-2011 09:42 PM

Htaccess Help

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 04:23:41PM -0500, Matt wrote:

> Been looking for a while on this before resorting to asking. I have
> an .htaccess file like so.
>
> order allow,deny
>
> allow from x.x.x.0/24
>
> I have this in my root html directory and it works fine. Only allows
> access by the x.x.x.0/24 subnet. Thing is I have one file
> ~"siteinfo.html" that I want to allow anyone to access. How would I
> do that?

Put it outside of the directory tree with the .htaccess, but
still within the DocumentRoot -- or UserDir (the one that maps
addresses to user's home_dir/userdir addressed as host.name/~userid/)
if it is in user space.

////jerry