Old 04-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Frank Chang

Default yum install oprofile-gui

*Nicolas Thierry-Mieg, We followed your instructions to yum install oprofile-gui. We were able to install oprofile-guii.i386 0:0.9.4-15.el5.centos and oprofile.i386 0.0.9.4.15.el.5.centos.

***** I was wondering what our next step should be. I tried ./configure --with-kernel-support with oprofile-0.9.6 and obtain a warning, a working QT not found, no GUI was built.*Should*we try to build oprofile-0.9.4? If so, how*steps do have to do install oprofile-0.9.4? Thank you.*

Old 04-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg

Frank Chang wrote:
> Nicolas Thierry-Mieg, We followed your instructions to yum install
> oprofile-gui. We were able to install oprofile-guii.i386
> 0:0.9.4-15.el5.centos and oprofile.i386 0.0.9.4.15.el.5.centos.
> I was wondering what our next step should be. I tried ./configure
> --with-kernel-support with oprofile-0.9.6 and obtain a warning, a
> working QT not found, no GUI was built. Should we try to build
> oprofile-0.9.4? If so, how steps do have to do install oprofile-0.9.4?
> Thank you.

you don't need to configure or build anything, you have successfully
installed the packages (although version 0.9.4 as provided in cent5
rather than 0.9.6 that you were initially trying to install).
Now just use them.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Frank Chang wrote on Sat, 23 Apr 2011 11:56:31 -0400:

> Kai Schaelzl, I think I underdetstand your email. Yes, I am replying
> to a digest version. Could you suggest another client which we could
> use the emails are arranged by threads.

No, if you are replying to the digest version there is no way to get
correct threading. That's why I asked if you are using the digest or a
broken client ;-) The only way to get to correct threading is to move from
digest to normal mailing list subscription.

Cheers,

Kai