Old 04-22-2011, 07:01 AM
"Arnts, Leo"

Default GFS2 performance

Hi,
*
I’m trying to get more performance out of my DRBD cluster with gfs2.
It seems that our gfs2 implementation is quit slow.
*
When running the ping_pong test we get no more than a 1000 locks/sec on the disk.
./ping_pong /mnt/backup/test.dat 4
879 locks/sec
*
The cluster config has been updated with:
******* <dlm plock_ownership="1" plock_rate_limit="0"/>
******* <gfs_controld plock_rate_limit="0"/>
*
gfs2_tool getargs /mnt/backup
statfs_percent 0
data 2
suiddir 0
quota 0
posix_acl 0
upgrade 0
debug 0
localflocks 0
localcaching 0
ignore_local_fs 0
spectator 0
hostdata jid=1:id=2752514:first=0
locktable
lockproto
*
gfs2_tool df -H
/mnt/backup:
* SB lock proto = "lock_dlm"
* SB lock table = "cybercenter:backup"
* SB ondisk format = 1801
* SB multihost format = 1900
* Block size = 4096
* Journals = 2
* Resource Groups = 7451
* Mounted lock proto = "lock_dlm"
* Mounted lock table = "cybercenter:backup"
* Mounted host data = "">
* Journal number = 1
* Lock module flags = 0
* Local flocks = FALSE
* Local caching = FALSE
*
* Type********** Total********* Used********** Free********** use%**********
**------------------------------------------------------------------------
* data********** 3T************ 1T************ 1T************ 47%
* inodes******** 1T************ 96M*********** 1T************ 0%
*
Hdparm information of the disk:
hdparm -tT /dev/sdb
/dev/sdb:
Timing cached reads:** 20988 MB in* 2.00 seconds = 10512.28 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads:** 74 MB in* 3.05 seconds =* 24.30 MB/sec
*
*
Has someone an idea about increasing the performance of my gfs2 filesystem?
*
Kind Regards,
Leo Arnts

*