Old 04-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Ross Walker

Default iscsi multipath fails

On Apr 21, 2011, at 4:28 PM, Adam Wead <amsterdamos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Dell server running cent 5.6, new install, connecting to an IBM DS3500. I have configured iscsi connections using iscsid and can log into the targets on the IBM. I can also mount the LUNs when accessing them from their active controller path. When I throw multipath into the mix, it fails completely. Multipath is working, when I run multipath -ll it shows me the correct active path and it is mapped to a device under /dev/mapper. However, if I try to access the device from that path, no luck. A mount request just hangs and eventually there's a kernel error message.
>
> I'm using the native rdac drivers that came with the OS. Anyone using something similar? My guess is that it's either bad drivers, or a bad multipath config. I started with the default, but after tweaking different parameters, it's still not working.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Check the archives, there was someone who posted their multipathd config for an MD3000i a month ago which should be applicable (with a vendor/model name change).

-Ross

Old 04-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Peter Brady

On 22/04/11 9:15 AM, Ross Walker wrote:
> Check the archives, there was someone who posted their multipathd config for an MD3000i a month ago which should be applicable (with a vendor/model name change).

Also check Dell's linux wiki at:

http://linux.dell.com/

As some of my new R310s and 510s needed some Dell rpms to run efficiently.

Good luck,
-pete