-   -   How to install binutils-devel on Centos Linux5.5 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/517029-how-install-binutils-devel-centos-linux5-5-a.html)

Frank Chang 04-21-2011 09:36 PM

How to install binutils-devel on Centos Linux5.5

*** Simon Matter and Ned Slider, Thank you for your answers. This afternoon , I installed binutils-devel on*Centos Linux 5.5. Then , I installed all the QT packages except for the two QT client packages.

******** When*I ran ./configure --with-kernel-support on the OProfile Linux profiler distribution 0.9.6, I get the warning: a working QT was not found: no GUI was built. How do I resolve this issue on Centos Linux 5.5? Thank you.

Phil Schaffner 04-22-2011 12:17 AM

Frank Chang wrote on 04/21/2011 05:36 PM:
> Simon Matter and Ned Slider, Thank you for your answers. This afternoon
> , I installed binutils-devel on Centos Linux 5.5. Then , I installed all
> the QT packages except for the two QT client packages.
> When I ran ./configure --with-kernel-support on the OProfile Linux
> profiler distribution 0.9.6, I get the warning: a working QT was not
> found: no GUI was built. How do I resolve this issue on Centos Linux
> 5.5? Thank you.

First, the current release is 5.6, so 5.5 is unsupported.

More than likely, the QT package on CentOS is not new enough to be
compatible with a Fedora 14 package. Either run Fedora, wait for
CentOS-6 which has a better chance of working, or try an evaluation copy
of RHEL6, or give Scientific Linux 6 a test drive in the interim.

Phil

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg 04-22-2011 06:49 AM

Frank Chang wrote:
> Simon Matter and Ned Slider, Thank you for your answers. This
> afternoon , I installed binutils-devel on Centos Linux 5.5. Then , I
> installed all the QT packages except for the two QT client packages.
> When I ran ./configure --with-kernel-support on the OProfile Linux
> profiler distribution 0.9.6, I get the warning: a working QT was not
> found: no GUI was built. How do I resolve this issue on Centos Linux
> 5.5? Thank you.

anything wrong with yum install oprofile-gui ?